Lauren Angus & Mellory Foley

I had noticed more and more tribal beads and things turning up in fashion magazines, and I had recently ordered some tribal things from e-bay, I was inspired and very interested in creating something, so I once again enlisted the help of Lauren Angus, and brought on board Mellory Foley, as these were both quite confident young ladies who I knew would be willing to try anything I was offering. A HUGE amount of preparation went into this shoot, I drew up some face charts to give the girls a basic outline of what I would be doing to them, and they both seemed very excited.





I bought various things for this shoot including; face paints, jewelry, twine,(Which was used in both girls hair, I wrapped the blue twine in with Mellory’s hair braids, and created smaller braids out of brown and red twine which I tied onto bobby pins and slid into Laurens hair)feathers, beads, new hair curlers and various new shades of eye shadows. I had a basic idea of what I wanted to do with each girl, and the rest was basically done on a whim, both girls were SUPER SUPER SUPER patient with me while I sat for roughly 30-40 minutes with each drawing those marking on their faces, constantly erasing, and backtracking and triple checking everything seemed symmetrical and even in color. I tested their patience further by CONSTANTLY moving them from one rock to the other, re-positioning their poses, shouting at them and ordering them about, but not once did any of them complain, they did exactly what I asked and because of that we got some of my favorite photos, I was so overwhelmed by these photographs when I saw them, they were perfect and had exceeded my original expectations. So I would just like to use this to say a HUMONGOUS thank you to both Lauren and Mellory for everything that day, (It was torrential rain and thunder and lightning that morning, and they both still came round and were willing to brave the weather to help me get those photos), these photographs would NOT have been possible without you both!















































** BIG Thanks to Jan Thomson for all of her help with these photographs (And helping the girls get safely across the running water ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rebekah Thomson Photography © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects