Lauren Angus and Leah Brockfield

So these set of photographs were the first I ever attempted. My Dad had bought me my very first DSLR Camera (Canon D1000) as I had always loved taking photographs but was becoming disappointed with my little camera and its limitations. It just wasnt producing the images I was looking for. 

When i first got my camera I would just potter around in the garden taking photos of anything I could find, always trying new angles and functions, and I fell even more in love with Photography, so i decided to search some courses and they all had a portfolio requirement so I took down some notes and messaged a couple of friends and asked them if they would be interested in helping out. Thankfully they agreed and i spent the next three weeks preparing for it. 


I had a certain idea in mind (As do most) when planning this, and I decided I would also like to do their hair and make-up to make ensure my vision was fully captured (Although I had not attempted ANYTHING like this before) It was extremely daunting but fortunately both girls were extremely understanding, helpful and throughout it all patient. (I would also like to throw a massive thank you to Courtney Fegan for giving up her day to drive us around and cart some of my bags around with me)

We chose a small park (about five minutes from my house) as the location, shot the photographs and headed back, I spent the next four hours going through those photographs and constantly narrowing them down to the best, I was extremely pleased with the outcome (Especially for a first try) and previewed a few for friends to see on my personal face book account, The response was amazing and a few even suggested I create a fan-page, which is exactly what I did, and the response from THAT was phenomenal!! 


Here are some of the set from that day:  





























**Again a massive thank you to Lauren Angus, Leah Brockfield and Courtney Fegan for all their help and patience on this day :D






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Rebekah Thomson Photography © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects